Monday, April 26, 2010

So I woke up Saturday morning just before 7 and looked out our bedroom window to see this:


It's a moose just spending the night literally about 15 yards from the window.




I sat there and watched it for a while and then a dog came running into the field chasing some birds and this calf I had been watching jumped up and just a few yards past it, the cow jumps up. They stared down the dog for a bit until it ran off.




The calf is still so tall that when it decides to cross the fence it doesn't even have to jump, it just steps over it.




At this point I had run out to get in my car and follow them but they turned around and walked right to the car while I was about to start it up.




And here they are just crossing the road. Right after this they hung out in the Cal-Ranch parking lot for a while and about gave one guy a heart attack as he walked out the door. Then they ran down to the river by Albertsons.

I tried to wake up Erin at the beginning of it all to show her how cool this was. She woke up for a whole minute and a half, and then just said, "I'm so glad I could get up at 7:00 on my Saturday to look at that." and fell back asleep. But since at first she tried to argue it was just a horse it's probably not hard to guess that she isn't really as into this stuff as me.

2 comments:

  1. You seriously got some amazing pictures! And I'm sure Erin regrets not waking up now! You should have woken us up too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like animals...

    ReplyDelete